Amanjena offers an exclusive sanctuary from the bustle of the Medina, yet lies within easy access by taxi. The striking symmetry and classic moresque arches are a joy to the eye whilst the spacious, sumptious suites offer the ultimate retreat for those seeking to combine culture and relaxation.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: An expansive 33 metre heated pool overlooking the resort canals, olive orchards and golf course.
- Fitness Centre: Gym equipped with the latest cardio machines.
- Spa: The Amanjena Health & Beauty Centre offers 2 Hammams and a variety of treatment rooms for massages and facials (for a charge).
- Library: A two-storey Library stocked with books, magazines, newspapers as well as CD’s and DVD’s, boardgames and internet access.
- Tennis: 2 clay courts also lit for night play.
- Golf: Although not belonging to the hotel, the close location provides easy access to the course.
Bars & Restaurants
- The Restaurant: Open only for dinner, the Restaurant offers an innovative approach to local cuisine as well as Continental dishes enjoyed in the stunning interior or outside on the Terrace in warmer months.
- Thai Restaurant: Located beside the swimming pool, the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving authentic cuisine from the region.
- The Pool Terrace: Open for breakfast and lunch overlooking the pool and adjacent golf course.
- Private Dining: Guests can enjoy private dining in their Pavilion or Maison.
The ‘Maisons’ including private pools and gardens offer superlative space for large families. Parents looking to combine luxurious accommodation enhanced by excellent service with the opportunity to experience a different culture should send the hotel to the top of their wish list.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s DVD’s available from the Library.
- Shallow area of the main pool.
- Children’s Menu available.
- Bespoke meals can be provided on request
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: This service can be arranged.
The resort’s 18 air-conditioned pavilions include a bedroom-living room with a king-size platform bed and an open fireplace. Brass lanterns and Berber carpets discreetly reinforce the Moroccan theme. The suites have a minibar, a CD player and a TV/DVD with highlights include a stepped and columned soaking tub in the bathroom and a private courtyard along with pillared gazebo and fountain. Pavilion Piscine also have a 25 square metre heated pool and extended private garden.
Amanjena’s four two-storey Maisons rise seven metres from floor to ceiling in a variation of the Moroccan townhouse. The ground floor features an expansive living area and guest bedroom with queen-size bed and bathroom. Upstairs, the bedroom provides a king-size bed. The Maisons also offer a private 25m² swimming pool and garden. Maisons Jardin have extended gardens including an outdoor fireplace whilst the Al-Hamra Maison, with over 750 squre metres of floorspace, comprises of two pavilions and boasts a 36m² heated pool.
- Up to 1 child under 12 in an additional bed and a baby in a cot can share a pavilion with parents.
- The Maison’s offer un-beatable family accommodation for up to 6 people. You will not want to go home!
Rates are from £335 per adult sharing per night in a Pavilion Room.
- Children under 12 share free with their parents.
- Children age 12 plus pay a charge.
- Maison rates include up to 4 adults and 2 children sharing as above.
- Children in separate rooms pay full adult rates.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Occasionally the hotel supports charities and looks to employ local people.