Constantia Uitsig Hotel & Spa
This country hotel is nestled within its own vineyards in the Constantia Valley, the verdant heart of the Cape Peninsula. Accommodation in Cape Dutch style cottages, alongside 3 award-winning restaurants on site, make this an ideal choice for stylish gastronomic travelers!
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: A lap pool is set in the lawns.
- Wine-Tasting: The hotel is set in its own Vineyards with informal tasting at the Wine Shop on site.
- Horse Riding & Mountain Biking: Available locally through the beautiful Constantia Valley for a charge.
- Cricket Pitch: Enjoy watching cricket with a Pimms in stunning surroundings during the Season.
Bars & Restaurants
- La Colombe offers innovative Southern-French inspired cuisine in a stylish yet relaxed ambiance, including an outside terrace adjacent to the Cricket Pitch.
- Dining at Constantia Uitsig Restaurant, located in the main Manor House, overlooking grassy lawns to stunning Mountain views, focuses on the robust flavours of Italy, with forays into exotic Asia.
- Situated in the old schoolhouse at the entrance to the Vineyards, The Spaanschemat River Café has a sunny outside eating area and serves sumptuous breakfasts, lunches and teas.
The grassy lawns and flexible family accommodation in a selection of suites makes this an ideal stop for several days for parents looking to incorporate award winning wines and food into their itinerary.
Looking after younger guests
- Secure grounds to explore around the rooms, restaurants and Cricket Pitch.
- A selection of children’s books are available at the front desk.
- Video machines and a selection of children’s videos are available for guests’ rooms.
- Children’s Menu available on Room Service.
- Children’s portions available in the Restaurants on request.
- Bespoke Meals available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting: This is provided by a professional agency with a 3 hour minimum.
16 Rooms including standard double and twin rooms as well as expansive suite combinations are located in garden cottages with ceiling fan (portable air-conditioning units available on request) with tea and coffee making facilities and mini bar.
- Garden Twin Rooms can accommodate a child in a cot when Double Rooms are not available.
- Victorian Double Rooms can accommodate a child in a cot and have a sleeper couch for up to 2 young children.
- Several Family Suites are available with separate lounge with sleeper couch and 1 Superior Suite also has an additional bedroom.
- One set of Rooms are also available on an inter-leading basis if further space is required
Rates from £155 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Garden Twin (valid 01/10/11 – 31/03/12).
- Charge for a cot of approx. £5 per night (waived for Family Suite).
- Children up to 12yrs sharing with adults pay £60 per night
- Family Suite from £315 per adult per night for the Suite inclusive of Bed & Breakfast (valid 01/10/11 – 31/03/12).
- Children in their own room charged at adult rate.
Please enquire regarding Special Offers that may be available
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
The hotel supports the local community, by contributing to health & education projects for employees on the Vineyard and also those within the Constantia Valley. The owners also allow the Western Province Cricket Academy to use the pitch for developmental games. An annual picnic for staff and children at Nazareth House is also held.