Movenpick Resort & Spa
This spacious Resort is located near Bel Ombre in the South, with views to the hills behind and the Indian Ocean beyond. Features include versatile accommodation including the recommended ‘Club’ rooms and suites, offering superior interiors and access to additional facilities.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Two swimming pools, with third pool accessible to families in Club Rooms.
- Watersports facilities including water skiing, windsurfing, pedalos, kayaks, minisail, snorkelling and glass bottom boat rides. Nominal charge for deep sea fishing, speed boat tours, parasailing and scuba diving.
- Tennis on 2 floodlit courts, bocci ball, volleayball, gym and sauna.
- Spa Aldana, with Arabian influences, includes a Turkish style Hammam. (treatments at extra charge).
- Mini-golf and ping pong table. Mountain bikes available for a nominal fee.
- Bis’Kit Pottery Kiln and Workshop.
- Whiff perfume factory.
- Shopping arcade
- Hairdressing and Beautiy Salon (additional charge).
Bars & Restaurants
- The Moulin, the main restaurant open for breakfast and dinner.
- Le Camaraon beach restaurant and bar open for lunch and occasional dinner.
- Fine dining and wining at La Grand Caze in the Colonial Club during the evenings.
The clever addition of a separate children’s room with bunk beds creates ideal family accommodation and the location along a stunning beach with rock pools provides a less manicured setting for exploration!
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s pool with waterslide.
- Trampoline and other facilities of the Mini Club.
- Games Room (payable locally for games)
- Children’s channels on satellite TV
- Complimentary Children’s Dinner served 18:00 – 19:30 in the Mini-Club (or can be eaten with parents in the Restaurant when from the children’s menu).
- Lunch, if also taken at the mini club, is also complimentary for children under 6 or at a minimal charge for older children.
- Children’s menu available in the restaurants.
- Bespoke meals upon request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting available on request.
- Mini Club, Z’Enfants Dez Isles open 10:00 – 22:00 for children age 3 – 11. Younger children can also attend when accompanies by a babysitter or parent.
- Teens Club TripleX for 12 – 17 year olds, open during the school holidays from 12 noon to Midnight.
181 Rooms (approx 55 square metres) and Suites offer views of the Ocean and gardens. All have air conditioning, mini bar and tea and coffee facilities.
Bushbaby recommends the Club Rooms offering superior interiors, a Sea Front location and use of the Colonial Club House during the day. Here guests are served complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and have free access to a library, business centre and separate swimming pool.
- Some Deluxe and Club Rooms with sofa beds are available.
- Deluxe and Club Family Rooms offer ideal accommodation, with an additional children’s room (11 square metres) with bunk beds (suitable for up to 2 children up to 17) and additional rollaway (for child under 5).
- Interconnecting Room options also available on request.
Rates from £89 per adult per night inclusive of Half-Board in a Deluxe Room (valid on 01/10/11 – 30/09/12). Supplement for upgrade to Family Deluxe of £44.
An All Inclusive Package is also available at a supplement of £40 per adult, £23 per child/teen (6 – 17yrs) and £17 per child age 3 plus.
- Child aged 0 – 5 years stay free of charge.
- 1 child under 12 shares Deluxe free (£44 for child age 12 – 17 years)
- Up to 2 children under 18 share a Family Deluxe free of charge.
- Children in their own room receive a 25% discount.
Please note that some offers may also available in combination. Please enquire for further details.
- Complimentary Nights 2011: Pay 5 /8 / 10 Stay 6 / 10 / 13 (Valid all year except Peak Season).
- Complimentary Nights 2012: Pay 6 / 11 Stay 7 / 14 (Valid 03/01/12 – 31/03/12 & 01/05/12 – 30/09/12 )
- Honeymoon 2011: Complimentary stay for the bride on a Half Board Basis (Valid year round except Peak Season within 9 months of Wedding)
- Family Offer A: 1 Child sharing with parents stay free on half board basis. (valid low season as per rates above)
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
The hotel is highly committed to humanitarian/social groups in the southern region of Mauritius especially those of Bel Ombre and Baie du Cap, through sponsorship for their events. The hotel works in collaboration with the Hotel School of Mauritius to provide training to school leavers and young adults living in the southern part of the Island who wish to have a career in the hotel industry.