The Long Beach is quite unique in Mauritius combining modern design with a spectacular stretch of beach, having been built on the site of a previous hotel. A fantastic heated pool and extensive sport facilities alongside piazza-style living and dining brings a distinctive option to this tropical island!
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note that the below mentioned services are included unless otherwise stated
- Pools: A 1400m² main heated pool and the 343m² infinity pool with surrounding decks offer exercise and relaxation for all ages.
- Spa: Sea Spa treatments are developed around Thali’ (sens, an original concept from French-based marine cosmetology and thalassotherapy specialist Thal’ion. This unique concept opens a whole new world of senses and experiences.The outdoor spa pavilion is the ideal setting for massages overlooking the lagoon.
- Land activities: These are plentiful! There are 3 floodlit tennis courts, (supplement is will be charge for rackets and balls), One multi-purpose court, aerobics, steps, stretching and yoga classes, badminton, bocciball, five-a-side football pitch, volleyball, table tennis, archery, pitch and putt, Jogging track, Cycling track, Outside trim park, Skating path and Wall climbing.
- Water Sports: Many are included like Kayaks, windsurfing, fun boat trips, waterpolo although Scuba diving, (PADI open-water courses available) Big game fishing, Parasailing, Catamaran sailing Canoeing, Oxoon, Banana ride, Waterskiing are at an additional fee
- Gym: State of the art centre fully equipped to keep up your stamina! There is also a lap pool for the more energetic swimmers.
Restaurants & Bars
- LE MARCHE: Seven open kitchens makes dining a truly theatrical experience. The interactive array, different lights, colours, music and aromas combine to make a feast for the senses.
Opened for breakfast & dinner
- SAPORI: Italian restaurant with a ‘fresh from the farm’ ambience open in the evenings.
- HASU: This Japanese features a dedicated lounge, a central sushi, grill and yakitory bar as well as private, semi-private and à-la-carte dining areas.
Open only at dinner time, the fine nature of the cuisine requires a supplement.
- CHOPSTICKS: Modern casual Chinese restaurant creates a possibilities of the artful blending of East and West of Chinese cooking open for Lunch and Dinner.
- TIDES: Fresh fish from waters around the world and also close to home is served here for lunch and dinner
- TIDES POOL & BEACH BAR
Pool-side refreshments, local island cocktails made from the finest Mauritian rum and a full list of international drinks. For lunch, a poolside menu of snacks, sandwiches, salads and local specialities
is served from the adjacent Tides restaurant. Traditional 5 o’clock tea is served with a selection of fine teas, cakes and homemade pancakes
- SHORES: A cocktail and lounge bar creating an urban buzz on the Piazza and overlooking the beach, offering an international selection of drinks with the accent on tropical cocktails featuring local spirits and ingredients.
A huge plus for families is the extensive, heated pool and the sports facilities (housing the children’s club) are also excellent. Nightly live shows in the square or around the bonfire adds a special ambience to the Resort. Because of height issues, children of school going age plus are more suited for the hotel.
Looking after younger Guests
- Bespoke meals
- A selection of menus, buffets and barbecues under the supervision of specially trained hostess is available
- A library is available
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Sun Kids’ Club for 4-11 year olds runs exciting and imaginative daily fun programmes with activities, facilities and amenities, 12 hours a day. Facilities include a dedicated swimming pool, tennis, windsurfing and swimming clinics, excursions, evening
- Sun Generation, with its 148m² Teens’ Club, is the ideal meeting place for guests aged 12 to 17. Facilities include a juice bar, a Cyber Café with electronic games, Baby foot, pool tables, table tennis and flippers games. This cool club also organises extra excursions, fun days and special events, like teen BBQs, campfires, pizza nights and much more.
- Babysitting is offered at a nominal fee – also note that children aged two and three require a baby-sitter in the Kid’s club.
There are 255 rooms arranged in three ‘crescents’. Every room has a view of the ocean and a minimum 109m² of its own beach space. All rooms have fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities. They have separate shower, toilet and bath.
- 29 FAMILY ROOMS (Located in the back of the resort close to the Kids Clubs)
The 86.4m² Family Rooms have king-sized beds and can accommodate two adults. A separate room can accommodate up to three children and is furnished with two sofa beds with a separate shower and toilet for kids.
- 116 STANDARD SEA-VIEW ROOMS
The 60m² Standard Rooms can accommodate two adults and an extra bed for either a third adult or a child.
- 108 SUPERIOR BEACH-FRONT ROOMS
The 64m² Superior Rooms can accommodate two adults and an extra bed for either a third adult or a maximum of two children sharing.
- 2 DELUXE BEACH-FRONT SUITES
The ground floor deluxe beach-front suites are situated right on the ocean, facing the most beautiful natural creek. These 132m² suites can accommodate two adults and an extra bed for either a third adult or a child.
- Besides the Family rooms, there are also inter-connecting rooms available for those wishing to be closer to the beach.
- Children in their own room pay 75% of the room rate.
Children aged 2-12yrs sharing with parents pay £49 and 12-18yrs pay £62 per night on the same board basis.
- Rates for a Standard Sea View room per night during low season is £300, on half board basis.
- Upgrade to a Superior Beachfront Room for a supplement of £50 per night.
- Discounted Rates: Pay your first 5 nights and the nights thereafter will be on heavily reduced rates!
(Valid till end of March 12 and 01/04/12 – 01/10/12 – 22/12/12). Only applicable to bookings made 21 days prior to arrival.
- Family Offer: 1 Child stays free when sharing with parents (Valid 16/04/12 – 22/10/12)
- Honeymoon Offer: Groom pays the single rate and the Bride stays for free! Valid till 22/12/12. Conditions apply
Please let us know if we can draw up a formal itinerary & quote