El Questro Wilderness Park
El Questro is located in the Kimberleys, over the border in WA, one of the world’s last unspoilt frontiers, 1.7 times the size of the UK! Its landscape offers incredible diversity, from rugged sandstone ranges and broad tidal flats, to rainforests and waterfalls. A visit will be something you will never forget!
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities and Services
El Questro offers a diverse range of activities to suit any traveller, from the eco-friendly tourist to the nature-lover and the sports enthusiast alike. Whether you have a penchant for photographing butterflies, fishing for barramundi or rugged 4-wheel driving, El Questro is your destination for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Guided tours include:
- Chamberlain Gorge Cruise
- Guided Barramundi 4WD Fishing Tour
- Bush Culture & El Questro History Tour
- Explosion Gorge & Branco’s Lookout Sunset Tour
- Horse Riding Tours
- Bird Watching Tour
Within the Wilderness Park, there are 3 accommodation options, with different facilities and services- El Questro Homestead, The Emma Gorge Resort and The Station.
- El Questro Homestead – provides travellers with all the comforts of a small luxury hotel whilst in the Kimberleys. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, the Homestead has a swimming pool and tennis court for the exclusive use of Homestead guests. Guests are invited to enjoy our gourmet cuisine at a dining location of their choice, from a private cliff top to the spacious verandas. The Homestead open from 1 April – 31 October each year (no children 12 and under)
- Emma Gorge Resort – is a great place for families and those that seek an outback adventure. Nestled between palms and pandanus, gravel paths link superior safari style tented cabins, restaurant, bar, reception and gorge.
With a fully licensed bar, well-stocked shop and laundry facilities, Emma Gorge Resort is an ideal base. There is also a swimming pool and lounge area shaded by native trees and landscaped gardens lie on the banks of Emma Gorge Creek. The Resort is open from 14 April – 30 September.
- The Station – the central hub of El Questro Wilderness Park, offering Bungalow or camping accommodation. We recommend the air conditioned Bungalows which overlook the Pentecost River. Relax on the riverbank, swim in the tranquil swimming hole and in the evenings enjoy the best freshly made cuisine at the Steakhouse restaurant. The Station is open from 14 April – 31 October each year.
Bars and Restaurants
- El Questro Homestead – the tariff is all-inclusive and guests are spolit with fine dining with the best local produce for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Emma Gorge Resort – Enjoy tropical fruits for breakfast, barbecued fish and Kimberley beef for lunch and dinner, all served on our spacious verandas. There is also a nearby veranda bar to quench your thirst!
- The Station – The Steakhouse Restaurant, set on a veranda, overlooks the Pentecost River. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is famous for its barramundi and succulent beef, accompanied by Western Australia’s finest wines. At The Station, there is also the Swinging Arm Bar, a great place to relax and swap tales with fellow adventurers and on Saturday Night at the Station, there is a
traditional Aussie BBQ feast, cooked under the stars.
A trip to El Questro is a once in a lifetime experience for anyone. Children as well as adults are captivated by the landscape, nature and adventures to be had!
Regardless of your accommodation type, there are a wide range of activities for the young and old, from swimming to horseriding, trekking, taking a scenic ride in a helicopter, photographing butterflies or fishing for the elusive Barra
At the Emma Gorge Resort and The Station, Children’s Menus are available and change daily.
Supervised Activities and Babysitting
Babysitting can be arranged with prior notice at an additional charge.
There is a variety of stylish accommodation at the heart of El Questro Wilderness Park.
The exclusive El Questro Homestead offers six luxurious suites overlooking the river catering for a maximum of twelve guests at any time, so privacy is assured. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, the Homestead has a swimming pool and tennis court whilst each room is air-conditioned with an en-suite and private balcony.
For those seeking a more rustic adventure, there the Emma Gorge Resort with superior safari-style tented cabins and The Station with Bungalows.
At Emma George Resort the en-suite tented cabins offer beds fitted with crisp, quality linen and comfortable pillows, while fans help make warmer nights more restful.
The Station Bungalows are air conditioned with private facilities, polished floorboards and some with balconies overlooking the river. They are located next to the Steakhouse Restaurant and the Swinging Arm Bar, and are just a short stroll from a peaceful swimming hole.
- Children age 13 and above welcome at The Homestead in their own room.
- At Emma Gorge Resort bedding includes one Queen bed and two single beds, maximum 4 people.
- At The Station bedding includes one Queen bed and two single beds as above with some also having bunk beds and therefore catering for up to 6 guests.
- Rates are available on application
Please note the tariff at The Homestead includes accommodation, gourmet cuisine, all beverages, a personalised itinerary and guided tours within the El Questro Valley.