Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Well if you are going to go to Disney, why not embrace it! The Resort’s flagship hotel draws its’ inspiration from the seaside ‘palace hotels’ of 19th century America with red-gabled buildings and opulent interiors and boasts spectacular views over the Seven Seas Lagoon to Cinderella’s Castle.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- The white-sand beach, where the pristine waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon laps at the edges of the Resort, is a wonderful place to sun and play. Stake out your spot and soak up the rays.
- The Beach Pool features zero-depth entry, cascading waterfalls a waterslide and jacuzzi.
- The courtyard pool offers a more tranquil environment.
- The Spa is staffed by trained professionals offering body treatments, therapies and massages developed to rejuvenate, invigorate and nourish.
- The Health Club is a full-service gym. A wide range of equipment is available, including treadmills, stair steppers, upright and recumbent cycles, elliptical cross trainers, Smith machine, cable crossover and free weights.
- Tennis Courts
- Jogging Trail
- Watercraft Rentals on the Lagoon
Bars & Restaurants
- Grand Floridian Cafe: This casual, light-filled restaurant serves American fare and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Victoria & Alberts: Experience luxury at this elegant, Victorian retreat. Be pampered by maid and butler “team service” during a 7-course meal of modern American cuisine with classical influences.
- Citricos: From the simple yet sophisticated menu, find American cuisine infused with Mediterranean flavors, such as seafood, steaks, pasta and other vegetarian options.
- Narcoossee’s: With views of Magic Kingdom theme park, this eatery offers small-town charm and big-city culinary expertise. Specialties include Maine lobster, Alaskan salmon and filet mignon.
- Gasparilla Grill & Games is light and airy quick service restaurant for great food and a fun assortment of video games. Specialties items are pastries, salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, pizza and hamburgers
- Character dining (reservations in advance) such as tea with Alice in Wonderland and other characters or Dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare.
- Garden View Tea Room: Turns back the clock and enjoy Afternoon Tea in grand British tradition. Scones, tea sandwiches and desserts are among the treats.
Disney heaven for your little ones and good service for grown ups, the convenient location close to the Magic Kingdom (you can even watch the nightly fireworks from the hotel) makes this an ideal choice for those wishing to focus on The Magic Kingdom during their time in Orlando.
Looking after younger guests
- There is a children’s pool and beach Pool, which offers cascading waterfalls and a waterslide!
- Special programme operated by the Spa for children age 4 – 12 years.
- Children will love to watch Disney movies under the stars at select Walt Disney World Resorts. By the pool or on the beach, you’ll have a unique experience only Walt Disney World can provide!
- Gasparilla’s Grill & Games is a 24-hour quick-service restaurant and a rollicking game room. Play classic arcade favorites and the latest in video gaming entertainment, with food to fuel you close at hand..
- Cribs, refrigerators and microwaves are available upon request
Plenty of options available for younger guests!
Supervised activities & Babysitting
- For those who dream of being a princess, Garden View Tea Lounge hosts My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party (additional fee applies)
- The Mouseketeer Club is a supervised activity center that keeps children laughing the whole evening through while parents can enjoy a ‘night on the town’. The Club accommodates kids ages 3 to 12, entertaining them with arts and crafts, computer games, Disney movies, dinner and snacks in a lively environment (charge applies).
- The Alice in Wonderland Tea Party is a lovely activity children from ages 4-12yrs can enjoy from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm every weekday. Join Alice and her curious friends at 1900 Park Fare for some “tea” (apple juice) and Crumpets (cupcake). A “mad” time is had by all as kids decorate their own cupcakes, have fun making a craft and delight in the silly antics of familiar characters from Wonderland. Space is limited, so reservations must be made well in advance (costs apply)
- The Disney’s Pirate Adventure Children (ages 4-12 years old only) wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Following these clues and the Pirate’s trail, they sail to many exotic “ports of call” (Resort Marinas) to collect treasure. During the voyage, the children enjoy a reading of “The Legend of Gasparilla” (a real Florida Pirate). At the final port of call, children will have a snack (such as pretzels, goldfish crackers) and a drink (such as water or drink box) and split up the “buried treasure”. Participants meet at the Grand Floridian Marina with check-in from 9:00 – 9:15 am the day of the program.
- Babysitters can be booked for a fee with advance notice.
The resort contains 867 rooms among six buildings at an average of 400 square feet (37 m²) per room located in the main building and also in the five outer lodge buildings.
The main building guest rooms consist of the Royal Palm Club Concierge rooms and suites. Sugarloaf Lodge is also concierge with standard style rooms, lodge tower rooms and suites whilst the four lodge buildings have standard rooms, lodge tower rooms, and suites of various views. They are named Sago Cay, Conch Key, Boca Chica, and Big Pine Key!Sago Cay lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites.
Sugar Loaf concierge rooms, Couch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views.
Boca Chica standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms
Big Pine Key lagoon/pool/garden views, close proximity to main building & lobby, concierge rooms and suites.
A Standard room can sleep up to 5 people
- Book to stay between 20/12/12 – 07/03/12 for 5 nights or more including a ticket package and everyone in the party dines for FREE for the entire holiday, at over 100 dining locations across Walt Disney World Resort!
- Double the fun and get Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket for the price of Disney’s 7-Day Premium Ticket. Six incredible Parks await!