Sails in the Desert
Part of the Voyages Ayers Rock Resort, their premier hotel, Sails in the Desert is close to Uluru with distinctive white sails that give it its’ name. The Resort features spacious rooms, 3 fine-dining restaurants and the Mulgara Gallery, displaying local Aboriginal art.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities and Services
- 5 Swimming pools
- 2 Tennis courts
- Red Ochre Day Spa
- Mulgara Art Gallery
- Hair and Beauty Salon
- Resort Shopping Centre, including supermarket and post office alongside Medical Centre
- Guests self-service laundry facility
Bars and Restaurants
From relaxed dining under a desert sky, to grilling a barramundi steak on the BBQ, you can choose from 13 dining experiences. within the Ayers Rock Resort, and 3 within the Sails in the Desert Hotel itself. There is a range of eating options to suit everyone tastes and budget, from a cook-it-yourself BBQ, the Winkiku Brasserie, a tapas-style restuarant or Kuniya, the signature restaurant.
Another must do is the Sounds of Silence dining experience, an all-inclusive event where you watch the sun set over Uluru, dine outdoors, gaze at the stars and enjoy local entertainment
Sails in the Desert welcomes all travellers, and most activities and tours are suitable for children 5 and over. Your children will learn the dreamtime stories as told in the stars, see the sun rise over Uluru, have breakfast in the middle of the desert, take part in a Dot Painting Aboriginal Art Workshop and walk through the Valley of the Winds.
Looking after younger guests
Whilst there are no specific facilities for children, younger guests will enjoy the unique tours.
Children can dine at most of the 13 restaurants, cafes and bars within the Ayers Rock Resort.
Supervisied activities and babysitting
Babysitting can be arranged at an additional charge
- Superior Rooms – feature modern bathrooms with the latest amenities. Rooms feature twin queen beds or a deluxe king, and can accommodate up to five people. All rooms include air-conditioning, TV, movies on demand, minibar and bathrobes are provided.
- Spa Rooms – have extended balconies with an open-air spa. The air-conditioned rooms are configured with a deluxe king or twin queen beds and facilities as above.(Spa rooms will not be available 16 March 2012 till early September 2012, due to refurbishment)
- Deluxe Suites are over twice the size of the Spa Rooms and provide separate living/dining and sleeping areas. Suites feature multiple balconies overlooking the garden. French doors connect the indoor spa to the bedroom.
- Superior Rooms can accommodate up to 5 people.
- Up to 4 people can share Spa rooms and Deluxe Suites
- Interconnecting rooms are available.
Rates are available on request