Set in isolated splendour in the South West on 32 hectares of pristine land, an hour from Stone Town, the hotel lies on a mile-long stretch of white sand beach. Building on the reputation of its’ sister hotels in Mauritius and Tunisia, guests are welcomed in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Pool (41 metres x 14 metres)
- Spa with 6 treatment pavilions, nestled amongst 2 hectares of beautiful gardens.
- A Hair Spa and Hairdresser Pavilion
- DVD library
- Bicycles available for each villa
- Excursions to Stone Town, the Jozani Natural Forest Reserve (home to Red Colobus Monkeys) and Dolphin Safaris can be arranged for a charge locally.
Bars & Restaurants
- The Dining Room: This central restaurant offers international dishes with a hint of Zanzibar spice or breakfast, lunch and dinner. The associate bar gives a taste of old Persia with local wood and a hammered copper bar.
- The Pavilion: Open in the evenings only, bringing to life the very best of Middle-Eastern, Greek, Turkish and Mediterranean food.
- The Beach and Poolside Menu available from Midday to 16:00 offers a selection of salads, fresh seafood, fritters and pasta.
- Sundown Specials including cocktails and canapes are served around the pool or on the Pontoon early every evening.
- The Library Bar provides a location where guests can step back in to Colonial splendour whilst indulging in an aperitif.
With the experience of family holidays at sister hotels in Mauritius and Tunisia, guests travelling with children can relax safe in the knowledge that they will be well looked after. An ideal holiday for those seeking a more ‘exotic’ location than other Indian Ocean destinations, perhaps with older children (due to non-direct flights and the islands malarial status).
Looking after younger guests
Facilities of the Kids Club as below
Children’s Menu available
Supervised activities and Babysitting
- The Kids Club is available for children age 4 – 12 years free of charge, open daily from 09:00 to 17:00. Trained staff will entertain the children and introduce them to the wonders that Zanzibar and the local community have to offer.
- Babysitting can also be arranged for a charge payable locally.
All 66 air-conditioned villas are luxuriously appointed with contemporary, stylish furniture reminding guests of the island’s African and Omani heritage.
Every one features satellite TV, CD/DVD player in the living room, mini bar,, mosquito nets, personal safe, tea and coffee making facilities.
On the deck outside, overlooking a private swimming pool (30 – 35 m2 and 1.2m deep), wicker chairs and day beds await the guests to relax in and enjoy the views. Bicycles are provided with each villa to explore the gardens and local area.
- Luxury Garden Pool Villas and Luxury Ocean Front Pool Villas have one bedroom and total 155 square metres although are located as their name suggests.
- Prestige Ocean Front Pool Villas are larger at 194 square metres, with both living room and bedroom with French doors leading to the deck and Pool area.
- Frangipani Garden and Ocean Front Pool Villas have two bedrooms, totalling 234 square metres of space.
- The Presidential Pool Villa provides 468 square metres of indulgance, with 2 bedrooms. The oversized living space features a spacious dining room in addition to the lounge area, and leads onto a vast deck, complete with 35 square metre swimming pool. Both the large master suite and smaller junior suite feature en-suite bathrooms, each with an additional outdoor shower and stunning views of the azure waters of Zanzibar.
- All room types from Luxury Garden Pool Villas up can accommodate 2 children under 16 sharing with adults (or 1 older child).
- Frangipani Villas and the Presidential Villa can accommodate families of up to 6 (4 adults / teens plus 2 further children).
Rates from £200 per adult sharing, per night on a Half Board Basis (valid 01/04/11 – 31/05/11 and 01/11/11 – 18/12/11).
- Children under 6 years accommodated free of charge on a Half Board basis (as long as no special meals need to be prepared).
- Children age 6 – 15 years sharing charged at £80 per night.
- Children 15 years and older charged £110 per night.
- Pay for 3 nights and receive a 4th night free (Valid for stays from 01/04/11 – 18/12/11).
- 25% reduction on villa rate for Honeymooners.