Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
The African lodge-style resort is set 10 minutes from the Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, amidst a 43-acre wildlife preserve, home to 30 species including Zebra and Giraffe. This unique setting is also home to the usual great range of facilities you would expect from a Disney Resort.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Complimentary transportation from the Airport (Disney’s Magical Express) and throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
- Extra Magic Hours offer guests the unique opportunity to enjoy additional time in the Theme Parks beyond the standard operating schedule at no extra charge (each day one of the 4 parks opens one hour early or remains open up to 3 hours after regular Park closing time, valid theme park ticket and resort ID will be required and not all attractions may be available).
- 2 x zero-depth entry pools (The Uzima is 11,000 square foot vs Samawati Springs at 4,700) both with long slides.
- 0.16 mile jogging trail around the Pool area.
- Survival of the Fittest Fitness Center includes: Cardiovascular room includes treadmills, bicycles, and stair climbers. Free weights are also provided for use.
- Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center. This spa and salon offers massage therapy, skin care and body treatments and features steamrooms for men and women, saunas and the latest in fitness equipment.
Bars & Restaurants
- Boma: Dine under thatched roofs at this buffet-style restaurant and try African food inspired by the culinary culture of more than 50 countries.
- Sanna: Sample flavorful tandoor oven and slow-cooked specialties inspired by the cultures along the historic spice route. While you eat, look for animals roaming the savannah.
- Jiko: Relax in the soothing colors of an African sunset at this restaurant where American meals, blended with multi-cultural influences, can be paired with impressive wines.
- The Mara: Open morning to night, The Mara offers a sweeping selection of soups, sandwiches, salads, pizza and burgers. Dine indoors or poolside.
- Cape Town Lounge & Wine Bar: Meet friends for a pre- or post-dinner cocktail at this balcony bar above Jiko
- Victoria Falls Lounge: Order your favourite drink with an African twist and listen to soothing sounds of cascading water in this intimate lounge and bar.
For those Bushbaby clients not able to make it on one of our genuine safaris in Africa, a stay at the Lodge will make a fun alternative!
Looking after younger guests
- The slides by the pools are likely to prove a big hit!
- Uwanja Camp is an animal observation site-themed water playground that includes 3 interactive areas for kids of all ages.
- Hakuna Matata Playground where children are invited to climb, slide and have fun.
- Toddler pool
Children’s meals are served at the restaurant outlets
Babysitting & supervised activities
- Simba’s Cubhouse is a supervised activity centre for children age 3 – 12 years open 4.30 pm to Midnight (payable locally).
- One-to-one in-room babysitting is also available when booked in advance.
Rooms feature Cable TV with Disney programming, fridge and coffee maker. These are configured as 1 x King and 1 x day bed or 2 x queen-sized beds.
Standard Rooms have views to car parking areas / over buildings, Pool View Rooms look over the Pool whilst from Savannah View Rooms you can try and spot animals!
- Rooms are available in a 2 x Queen bed configuration with space for a cot also available.
- Pool and Savannah View Rooms also are configured with 1 x Queen and 1 x Bunk Bed arrangement.
- Animal Kingdom Villas at Jambo House and Kidani Village offer several bedrooms and kitchenette for those seeking accommodation for up to 8 guests.
Rates from £90 per adult per night Room Only.
- Book to stay between 20/12/12 – 07/03/12 for 5 nights including a ticket package and everyone in the party dines for FREE for the entire holiday, at over 100 dining locations across Walt Disney World Resort!
- Double the fun and get Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket for the price of Disney’s 7-Day Premium Ticket. Six incredible Parks await!