Known for its magnificent architecture and located in the heart of Yosemite National Park, the hotel was designed to highlight its natural surroundings, including Half Dome and Glacier Point. The destination of Queens and Presidents, the hotel offers a unique balance of history and hospitality.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- A year-round outdoor heated swimming pool (for use by hotel guests only).
- Comfortable lounge areas overlooked by vast fireplaces
- Delightful gardens
Bars & Restaurants
- The Ahwahnee Dining Room offers breakfast, lunch, Sunday Brunch, and dinner. Dinner dress code is ‘Smart Casual’ in this stunning venue with high ceilings and views to the Park.
- The Ahwahnee Bar also includes a delightful terrace area overlooking the gardens.
- Afternoon tea is also served.
Vast open spaces both in and outdoors makes this a popular option for families seeking the most luxurious accommodation option within the Park.
Looking after younger guests
No particular facilities are offered for those travelling with younger guests.
Children’s menu available in the restaurant.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitters can be booked for a fee with advance notice.
The Ahwahnee offers 123 handsomely appointed guest rooms, including 99 hotel rooms, parlors and suites and 24 cottages.
- Standard Hotel Rooms: Appointed in rich fabrics, warm woods and Native American motifs.
- Classic Hotel Rooms provide the classic experience at The Ahwahnee, with finely appointed rooms and better views of the hotel grounds and spectacular Yosemite scenery.
- Featured Hotel Rooms: Enjoy Yosemite from a balcony adjoining your room.
- The rustic cottage rooms have the comfort of a mountain lodge and has a private bath, television, telephone, small refrigerator and small stone patio.
- The hotel’s four parlors are luxuriously furnished and provide unparalleled views of the valley. The parlors combine with hotel rooms to create suites. (Not available individually).
- The El Dorado Diggins Suite comfortably sleeps four and features a sunken living room, large picture window, slate entry and the only jacuzzi bathtub in Yosemite.
- The Mary Curry Tresidder Suite features a four-poster canopy bed and rich color palette, and has a decidedly romantic aura. The large bathroom offers craftsman designed cabinets and bidet.
The Cottage Rooms or Parlors are best suited for families
Rates on application