Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa
Set in lush tropical gardens, on the island’s North-west coast, Trou aux Biches has earned a reputation for the highest standards of personal service. After a full refurbishment programme and re-opening at the end of 2010, the hotel now looks to cement itself in the top echilons of Mauritius hotels once again.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Various swimming pools
- Land Sports – The Trou Aux Biches has 6 floodlit tennis courts with a Head Tennis Academy. Other land sports include table tennis, beach volleyball, bocciball and mountain biking.
- Gym – A fully equipped gym is available featuring bodybuilding, spinning and aerobics.
- Water Sports – Trou Aux Biches has one of the best beaches on the island making it ideal for a host of water sports including waterskiing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, pedal boats, snorkelling and glass bottom boats.
- Diving – The hotel has its own dive centre offering scuba diving as well as offering numerous dive courses for a charge.
- The Spa by Clarins includes 17 Massage cabins, a balneotherapy room, an algotherapy room, an Avurvedic room, 2 saunas and 2 hammams. Treatments are for a charge.
Bars & Restaurants
- L’Oasis Bar – The main bar overlooking the swimming pool and lagoon, specializing in tropical cocktails. Open from 10:00 to 01:00. Tea, coffee and pancakes are served from 15:30 to 17:00.
- Caravelle Bar :Located close to the beach, the perfect place to enjoy the most beautiful sunsets on the island. Here you can enjoy a selection of house-special rum cocktails, cigars and champagne. Open from 10:00 to 01:00.
- L’Oasis: Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, L’Oasis overlooks the beach and sea serving international cuisine with themed buffets and live cooking stations.
- Le Deck: Beach restaurant serving seafood specialities. Open 12:00 – 15:00 for á la carte lunch and 19:00 – 22:00 for dinner (half board & chef’s daily menu). Seats 100.
- Blue Ginger: Trou Aux Biches’ Thai restaurant is open 6 days a week for dinner (chef’s daily menu) for guests age 12 years and over
- Mahiya: Indian restaurant open 6 days a week for dinner (chef’s daily menu) also for guests age 12 years and over.
- La Caravelle: International gastronomic restaurant open for breakfast, á la carte lunch and dinner (á la carte and chef’s daily menu).
- Il Corallo – Italian restaurant open 6 days a week for á la carte and chef’s daily menu dinner.
Trou Aux Biches welcomes children of all ages and benefits from a fantastic beach location and wide range of sports for all ages to enjoy.
Looking after younger guests
Board games and activities available from the Mini Club.
- Children’s menu available at most of the restaurants open to those age under 12.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
Like all Beachcomber hotels, the Trou aux Biches offers the Bob Marlin Mini Club & Teen’s Cluba providing a range of facilities that will appeal to children. The mini-club welcomes children aged 3 – 12 years and is open from 09:00 – 23:00, 7 days a week.
Facilities include :
- Indoor games
- Personalised welcome (registration and information)
- Gift on arrival
- Organisation of birthday parties
- TV/DVD/CD player
- Nurse on premises or doctor within immediate proximity
Babysitters are available with 24 hours advanced notice required.
Trou aux Biches also uniquely features a Teen’s Club which is set away from the Bob Marlin Mini-Club.
Trou aux Biches kept its signature accommodation style chalets arranged individually or in crescents throughout a shady palm grove. All Rooms and suites include individually controlled air-conditioning, bathroom with bathtub, shower and W.C, minibar, hair dryer, safe, international direct dialling telephone, television with satellite channels, free Wi-Fi internet access, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, ceiling fan.
- Junior Suite – 90 Junior Suites are set within the shade of the tropical gardens with a private terrace or balcony.
- Tropical Junior Suite – 110 Tropical Junior Suites with outdoor shower, private terrace or balcony.
- Beach Front Suite with Pool – 44 Beach Front Suites with pools, all en-suite with outdoor shower and pivate terrace.
- Beach Front Senior Suite with pool – 22 Beach Front Senior Suites with pools, all en-suite with outdoor shower and private balcony.
- Two Bedroom Pool Villa – 10 Two-bedroom Pool Villas with 2 spacious and comfortable bedrooms, a private garden and pool, kitchen, barbecue area.
- Three Bedroom Villa – 17 Three-bedroom Villas with 3 spacious and comfortable bedrooms, all en-suite and with an outdoor shower, private garden and pool, kitchen and barbecue area.
- Junior suites have a maximum Room Occupancy 2 adults + 1 infant under 2 years.
- Tropical Junior Suites accommodate maximum of 2 adults + 1 infant under 2 years
- Tropical Junior Suites Plus accommodates 2 adults + 1 child between 6-17years inclusive + 1 infant under 2 years in a cot.
- Beach Front Suites can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child.
- For larger families of 4 or 5 the 40 Family Suites are more spacious with comfortable two bedroom suites with private terrace or balcony.
- Families can also opt for the 2 or 3 bedroom Villas with a maximum occupancy of 5 / 7 people.
Rates start from £163 per person on half board in a Junior Suite. (valid 01/10/11 – 19/12/12) Rates do vary according to Season.
Family Suites start from £527 per unit for the same period.
Villa accommodation in the resort is priced on Bed & Breakfast basis
- Book to stay in December 2011/2012 and receive 25% discount. Valid till 28 Dec.
- Early Bookings
20% Discount offers are frequently available. Please enquire.
Honeymoon/Wedding/Anniversary & Repeat Client Discounts
- Please enquire