Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp
This magical and unique luxury camp lies on the banks of the Grumeti River and offers the opportunity to take drives in to the world-renowned Serengeti. With resident hippos wallowing just outside your tent and colobus monkeys playing in the trees above, what better location can there be to watch the annual migration of widebeest as they cross the water.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Swimming Pool (rim-flow pool perched on the banks of the river).
- The guest areas of this intimate camp include open-fronted sitting and dining areas, a lounge area and domed bar with spacious decks overlooking the river where guests can view the hippos at play.
- Twice daily game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles in the Serengeti National Park with sunrise and sundowner stops. Additional Activities can be arranged payable locally such as a Balloon Safaris, Private Game Drives, trip to Lake Victoria or a massage in the privacy of your own room.
Bars & Restaurants
- Excellent Pan African meals are served daily in the open-fronted dinning area overlooking the river.
- A dramatic boma for star-studded romantic dinners.
- Grumeti Bush Banqueting.
Children are welcome at Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp, and the friendly staff can never do enough to make you feel at home. Please note children under 6 are not allowed on game-drives (although private game drives can be arranged for those travelling with this age group at an additional cost). Children aged 6 – 11 can join the drives at the Manager’s discretion (subject to good behaviour).
Bespoke meals can be provided on request.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- Childminders can be booked at an additional cost.
- Animal track identification.
- Take part in the kitchen in making cookies.
- Painting eggs competitions.
- Bush puzzles.
- Animals: Grumeti is unfenced.
- Water: The lodge is located right by the river which is not fenced. The hippos come out to graze at night and will do this around the lodge area. The pool can be used but with parental supervision at all times (and not after dark).
Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp consists of flamboyant tents under makuti (palm frond) canopies. Each of the spacious tents has a furnished deck and ensuite bathroom with hand basin, separate shower open to the stars and separate w.c. All tents are sealed and have overhead fans and hairdryers.
The camp has 2 triple rooms available to accomodate up to 1 child under 16 sharing with parents.
Please note the lodge is closed 1 – 30 April
The rates are from £566 (low season) per person which includes accommodation, 3 meals daily, all soft drinks, house wines, local brand spiritsand beers, teas & coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, scheduled safari activities and transfers to and from Grumeti airstrip (valid 01/05/12 – 31/05/12 and 01/11/12 – 20/12/12 ).
- Children under 6 years sharing stay free of charge.
- Children age 6 to 11 years (sharing with 2 adults or 1 adult) subject to triple policy pay 50% of the full adult rate.
- First child (regardless of age) in own room pays full adult rate subsequent children 11 years & younger pay 50% of full adult rate.
- Children 12 to 16 years subject to triple policy pay full adult rate.
- Children in their own suite pay adult rates.
Please contact us for any special offers.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.