Treetops’ unique location allows access to the game in and outside the park all year round. Featuring luxurious & unique ‘tree-house’ style rooms, the camp sits within a private Conservation Area bordering Tarangire National Park.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Lodge Pool
- Activities available at Tree Tops include game drives and bush walks.
- Night game drives and game walking are available at an additional cost.
Bars & Restaurants
- The guest area under the main baobab tree includes the dinning area, bar and chill out area with open fireplace.
- Bush breakfasts, lunches and dinners can also be arranged.
Children are very welcome. However, due to the ‘Treetop’ nature of the camp it is advisable to bring younger children
only if they can be well supervised.
Regretfully, children 5 years and younger cannot participate in the regular game drives. Children aged 6 to 11 years are accommodated on game drives at the lodge manager’s discretion (bush walks only for 16 year olds and over).
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- Childminding is available at an additional cost.
- Junior Guide Walks – with a guide learning about the local animals, bush craft and to identify tracks, insects and
- Masai Walks – with a MASAI warrior, learn about the masai culture, local bush lore and get to shoot a bow and arrow
and throw a “rungu” at a water filled calabash,making fire with sticks.
- Making Elephant Paper – making paper out of grass and elephant dung.
- Sand Painting – different colored sand
sifted over glue to create a painting
- History of the Baobab Tree – the
african folklore behinde the baobab tree, explore the crevices of the baoabab tree and learn about its uses by man and animals, its importance in the ecosystem.
- Cosy afternoons/evenings toasting marshmallows in the fireplace with hot chocolate in the main chill out area.
- Planned for 2010 is the ‘Elewana Junior Guides Passport’. On arrival at the lodge, kids collect their passport and collect stamps from the camp manager towards a Junior Guides Certificate once they have successfully completed all the activities.
Kids Menu available and flexible eating times can be arranged.
- Animals: The lodge is unfenced.
- Height: All the rooms are located in the tree houses.
- Water: The lodge has its own watering hole that attracts a lot of the ‘regular residents’ so children must be supervised at all times. The lodge pool must also be used with parental supervision and may not be used at night.
Luxurious & unique ‘tree-house’ style rooms, approximately 55sq metres in size, set up into the baobab and marula trees make up the lodge. Each room has been designed using a mixture of contemporary and natural materials and has its own ensuite bathroom with double shower and vanity, and large verandah.
Each room is sealed by a net and equipped with room fans and hairdryers and a private bar is available on request.
An additional bed can be added to the room on request.
The suites are £472 per person which includes accommodation, 3 meals daily, all soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas & coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, scheduled safari activities and transfers to and from Kuro airstrip (valid 01/04/12 – 31/05/12)
- Children under 3 years of age stay free of charge.
- Children 3-12 years of age sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay 50% of full adult rate.
- Children 3-12 years of age occupying own room pay 75% of adult rate.
Note: Please enquire for special offers and rates for different Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.