Located on the edge of the Eastern cataract of the Victoria Falls, the hotel offers an unpretentious and fun welcome. With its warm, earthy architecture, inspired by an African walled village, accompanied by bright mosaics and fabrics, the Zambezi Sun offers a memorable experience in a great location.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilties & Services
- Swimming Pool
- The Royal Spa’s unique positioning on the banks of the Zambezi River allows you feel comfortably ensconced, whilst being aware of the elements that surround you. Treatments for a charge.
- Adventure activities such as Bungi jumping, White Water Rafting, Quad Biking, Helicopter Flights, Abseiling and Micro light Flights are available for an additional charge.
- Safari activities, also payable locally, are also available including visits to Chobe National Park in Botswana is only an hour by road from Livingstone and in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park game drives are in open 4 × 4 vehicles with a knowledgeable guide departing mornings and afternoons from the Day Activity Centre and last about 3 hours. Elephant and Horse Back Safaris are also available.
Bars & Restaurants
- The Zambezi Sun Theatre of Food – The restaurant atmosphere is relaxed and casual and provides an enjoyable buffet experience with sumptuous breakfast and dinners offering a truly memorable night with good times and good food.
- The Zambezi Sun Poolside Grill & Pool Deck Bar – To appease hungry appetites, an “alfresco” grill is located alongside the entertainment area at the pool, which is an ideal location for light lunches.
- Squires Grill offers a steakhouse menu with tempting lunch and dinner dishes.
- Crocodile Café is a delightful open-air café is situated close to the Daily Activity Centre, offering a variety of sandwiches and light meals.
The Zambezi Sun is in many ways better for families not fussed about luxury but would like the children to have plenty of fun and frolic.
Looking after younger guests
Various activities for younger children area available through Kamp Kwena Kids Club.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Kamp Kwena, which is every child’s idea of holiday heaven, is situated close to the adjacent Zambezi Sun Hotel, giving parents plenty of free time to discover all the area’s attractions. Children enjoy a varied range of activities that include full day or half day excursions to places of interest, daily fun and games and nature walks. This supervised haven is available to children from 2 – 12 years of age. Children between the ages of 2 – 4 must be accompanied by an adult, or babysitter (available at an extra cost), if they are not potty-trained.
- Babysitters can be arranged through your hotel and are also available during the evening. Staff are specially selected and undergo extensive training in child-care and first aid, ensuring that the child and the parent feel protected and secure.
All en-suite guestrooms are appealing and open, airy and acknowledge their African roots in the deep rich red earth colour of the rounded planes of its walls, tastefully decorated with handcrafted fusion of Zambian designs. All rooms spill outwards into the natural African bush, or face inwards into a vast, cool, landscaped pool with private, shaded balconies offering guests a perfect choice of holiday lodgings.
- Standard Twin – 64 en-suite twin rooms with private balcony
- Standard Double Room – 101 en-suite double rooms with lounge area, two double bed and private balcony.
- Standard Suite – 4 suites with private veranda, separate lounge with dining area, en-suite with a shower and bath
- Standard Queen – 39 en-suite rooms with shower and bath.
- Families can opt for a double room with sleeper couch.
- Family Rooms have a King size bed and sleeper couch, accommodating up to 2 children under 18.
- Cots are also available.
Rates start from £130 per person sharing a Standard Room. (valid 25/04/12 – 30/11/12 including other shorter periods but excluding weekends and peak periods)
Children 11 and younger stay free of charge unless they occupy their own room when full adult rate apply.
Please contact us of any special offers.