On the forested banks of the great Zambezi River, upstream of the mighty cataract where it thunders into the Batoka Gorge, is The Royal Livingstone, pride of Zambian hospitality. Within it’s cool lounges and shaded verandahs, you will encounter the elegance and luxury of a bygone age.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- The Royal Spa’s unique positioning on the banks of the Zambezi River allows you feel comfortably ensconced, whilst being aware of the elements that surround you. Treatments for a charge.
- Adventure activities such as Bungi jumping, White Water Rafting, Quad Biking, Helicopter Flights, Abseiling and Micro light Flights are available for an additional charge.
- Safari activities, also payable locally, are also available including visits to Chobe National Park in Botswana is only an hour by road from Livingstone and in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park game drives are in open 4 × 4 vehicles with a knowledgeable guide departing mornings and afternoons from the Day Activity Centre and last about 3 hours. Elephant and Horse Back Safaris are also available.
Bars and Restaurants
- The Royal Livingstone Dining Room
is a fine à la carte restaurant is a delightful mixture of modern sophistication and old-world style, offering a unique top-class breakfast, ‘alfresco” lunches and a dinner à la carte menu with a dazzling array of dishes from the river and ocean as well as bush and game fare.
- The Lounge serves “alfresco” style lunches on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River. Light refreshments are also served throughout the day.
- Guests may pass lazy days on the magnificent sundeck overlooking the Zambezi as it flows relentlessly to the Falls; experiencing tranquility, enjoying a cocktail as the African sun sinks behind rolling hills.
The hotel welcomes families with friendly service and lovely rooms. There are no family rooms here and parents who wish to share with their children might want to consider adjacent sister property, The Zambezi Sun.
Looking after younger guests
Various activities for younger children area available through Kamp Kwena Kids Club.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Kamp Kwena, which is every child’s idea of holiday heaven, is situated close to the adjacent Zambezi Sun Hotel, giving parents plenty of free time to discover all the area’s attractions. Children enjoy a varied range of activities that include full day or half day excursions to places of interest, daily fun and games and nature walks. This supervised haven is available to children from 2 – 12 years of age. Children between the ages of 2 – 4 must be accompanied by an adult, or babysitter (available at an extra cost), if they are not potty-trained.
- Babysitters can be arranged through your hotel and are also available during the evening. Staff are specially selected and undergo extensive training in child-care and first aid, ensuring that the child and the parent feel protected and secure.
The Royal Livingstone Hotel comprises 173 spacious, air-conditioned and luxuriously furnished en-suite guestrooms, each with its own private veranda, stretched along the river bank.
Luxury Twin Rooms are the entry level rooms whilst Luxury King Rooms are ideal for those wanting double beds.
Luxury Suites with a wet bar are also available whilst the Presidential Suite features spa bath and dining area.
- Unfortunately the hotel does not have the facilities for children to share with their parents.
- Families can opt for a suite inter-leading with a standard Luxury Room.
- Cots are also available.
Rates start from £220 per person sharing a Luxury Twin or King Room. (valid 25/04/12 – 30/11/12 and various other shorter date periods, alsp excludes weekends and peak periods, please enquire)
Children 11 and younger stay free of charge unless they occupy their own room when full adult rate apply.
Please contact us of any special offers.