This original homestead marvels at the spectacular views of the unspoiled African wilderness from each of the 18 guest cottages. Rolling lawns carve out a niche in a wild and tumbling wilderness that hosts memorable game viewing in one of the world’s most celebrated Big Five wildlife regions.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Kirkman’s Kamp features a large sitting room, with a 1920’s ambience, overlooking rolling lawns.
- A lovely sparkling swimming pool
- Browse in the Safari Shop.
- Daily morning and evening game drives
- Bush walks for adults
Bars & Restaurants
Breakfast and lunch are served on shady verandas, and dinners are shared in the dramatic boma or in romantic candlelit bush settings.
Kirkmans offers one of the best game experiences in the Sabi Sands and is ideal for families with older children wishing to do a proper bush safari. Accommodation is in lovely colonial cottages taking you back in time. Please note that although children of all ages are welcome there is a minimum age of 6 on the main game drives.
Looking after younger guests
- Welcome pack on arrival.
- Children of all ages can participate in the ‘Planet Manager’ programme.
Bespoke meals on request
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitters during game drives can be arranged with prior notice (cost may apply).
Rangers and staff will assist in keeping the children busy between drives with bug hunts and cookie making!
Please note the Camp is unfenced.
- The colonial atmosphere of gracious style and luxury has been retained, and guests step back in time upon entering the original homestead.
- Each of the 18 air conditioned cottages has a veranda and ensuite bathroom with separate showers and free-standing baths.
A Quad or Triple Room can be booked (with extra beds/mattresses on the floor in the parents’ room – please note space will be tight in a Quad).
Alternatively adjacent rooms can be provided (but not interconnecting).
Rates for Low Season (01/10/11 – 20/12/12) from £290 per adult sharing on an All Inclusive Basis (All meals, house drinks, game activities and laundry).
- Children under 6 stay free of charge
- Children age 6 – 11 sharing pay 50% adult rates.
- No single supplement for child age 12 plus in their own room.
- Pay for 2 nights but stay for 3 (valid for stays during Sunday – Thursday only from 15 November – 20 December).
- Pay for 3 nights and stay for 4 (Valid throughout 2012 – block-out dates may apply)
In one of Africa’s most innovative conservation partnership agreements, an annual lease, traversing fee and percentage of Ngala’s profits is paid to the National Parks Trust to further conservation projects throughout South Africa.
&Beyond also implements a comprehensive Conservation Strategy focusing on issues such as minimal environmental impact at their lodges and sustainable community development. The Africa Foundation was founded in 1992, and has since built up a highly successful track record in empowering and enriching communities in and around the company’s conservation areas.