Bushmans Kloof, an enjoyable 3 hour drive from Cape Town, offers the ultimate wilderness and wellness experience. The breathtaking surroundings of untamed beauty offers a sanctuary to endangered species of wildlife and flora and over 130 Bushman rock art sites.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- The Homestead includes 2 lounge areas with fireplaces (one with a satellite flat screen TV) and an extensive book and DVD library with computer station with internet access.
- The Fitness Centre provides for guests who enjoy a daily workout, equipped with a spinning cycle, bar and weights, yoga mats, pilates balls, mirrors, bottled water and towels.
- 3 Outdoor infinity-edge swimming pools grace the gardens, so that guests are never more than a few paces from a refreshing swim plus a heated jet-pool at the Homestead to enjoy on cooler days.
- The Spa at Bushmans Kloof offers guests a wide variety of restoring and rejuvenating treatments to heal and sooth mind, body and soul. These include Touch Therapies, Skincare Treatments, as well as Spa Body Treatments for a charge.
- Other activities include bird watching, nature drives, walking trails, mountain biking, archery, canoeing and stargazing.
- The Lodge features wrap-around terraces with small, private infinity pool and outdoor barbeque (braai) area.
- Flexible activity programmes run by a personal guide include rock art walks, nature drives, mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, star gazing, and swimming in rock pools and waterfalls
Bars & Restaurants
- Makana (‘To Feast’) offers unforgettable brunches and teas with glorious views across the dam and river.
- Embers open-air dining venue provides a matchless dining experience under the starfilled African sky where guests may enjoy a traditional South African braai (barbeque) in an exciting outdoor setting within the reserve.
- Kadoro (‘Tinderbox of Stories’) a ‘secret’ dining location in the reserve, especially suitable for private dinners of up to 12 guests.
- The River Boma provides a perfect setting for sundowners or nightcaps in the moonlight.
- The Homestead and Manor House Bar and Deck, under the gigantic fig tree, are
ideal for romantic dinners and fine dining.
- Extraordinary Dining – a specially prepared picnic or barbeque (braai) menu served in a private breathtaking location in the reserve.
- The lodge has its own private kitchen and chef, bar and living room with dining area with a cosy fireplace.
- Outside decking area near pool is also ideal for outdoor dining.
Children can stay at the Main Lodge during certain periods with a host of activities on offer for the whole family (please enquire for upcoming dates).
Alternatively families are welcome year round at Koro Lodge.
Looking after younger guests
The lodge has flat screen TV’s, independent cable channels, DVD players, music, games, air conditioning, underfloor heating and wi-fi.
Koro Lodge will as far as possible cater for children’s needs on request whilst bespoke meals are also provided during the family programmes at the Main Lodge.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- A special fun filled children’s programme will be offered to entertain and stimulate at certain times of year for those staying at the Main Lodge. These include exciting outdoor family or group activities such as mountain biking,canoeing (equipped with life jackets), hiking, star gazing, and swimming run under the supervision of staff.
- Your dedicated guide at Koro Lodge will also arrange many activities to keep children happy during their stay.
- Although the reserve is a predator free area care should be taken in and around the lodge to avoid snakes and scorpions.
- The pools are are not fenced and there are no lifeguards on duty, parents should supervice their children at all times at the pool areas.
The Main Lodge has 16 rooms all of which have:
- Air Conditioning and Ceiling Fans
- Under-floor Heating
- Satellite Flat Screen Televisions, DVD player, CD player and iPod docking stations in Suites and Deluxe Rooms
- In-room Safe and Mini bar
- Complimentary WiFi
7 LUXURY ROOMS – Waters Edge 1 & 2, River Reeds 1 & 2, Karoo Plains 1, 2 & 3. All with private patios and en-suite bathrooms.
7 DELUXE ROOMS – Cedar Falls 1 & 2, Rock Pools 1 & 2, Gordon, Masson and Niven. All with large private patio, bathroom en-suite and lounge area within the bedroom, and some with fireplaces.
1 SUITE – Paterson with large private patio, bathroom en-suite and separate lounge area with fireplace.
1 SUPREME SUITE – Riverside is a private, luxury cottage near the water with a separate lounge area with fireplace, flat screen satellite television in both the lounge and bedroom, and en-suite bathroom with designer bath and shower. It boasts a spacious, secluded private patio with outdoor shower and private infinity swimming pool.
Main Lodge welcomes children aged 10 years and older year-round or during certain family programmes (please enquire for upcoming dates).
Koro Lodge is an excellent option for families at Bushmans Kloof. The lodge has two master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a loft room perfect for up to 4 children.
Rates start from £263 per person in a Luxury Room on a fully inclusive basis (but excluding drinks at the Main Lodge)(valid 01/11/11 – 31/10/12).
Rates start from £1,180 per night for exclusive use of Koro Lodge on a fully inclusive basis (including most drinks). (valid 01/11/11 – 31/10/12)
- Children 10 year and older at Main Lodge pay full adult rates.
- Reduced rates for children sharing during the family programme periods.
- Children of all ages welcome at Koro Lodge which is priced on a Unit rate.
- Book 90 days in advance and save 10%
- Pay 3 Stay 4 (Valid 05/01/12 – 19/12/12)
Please inquire with us for a detailed quote & itinerary