Holiday Inn Kandooma
This stylish, yet unpretentious, resort featuring whitewashed villas is set on a lush island, a 40 min speed boat ride from Male. The hotel has pioneered some innovative ideas including ‘DIY’ barbecues and a ‘Take Away’ service keeping extras surprisingly affordable for the Maldives.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Large free form, infinity pool incorporating a Jacuzzi and areas of different depth.
- Table Tennis, beach volleyball, petanque and beach croquet. Guests can also enjoy a complimentary guided nature walk around the island to see the plant and animal life including the sleeping fruit bats!
- Snorkelling equipment and daily boat trips to the House Reef (age 8 plus) are free of charge.
- Watersports including katamaran rental, windsurfing and kayaks alongside a Dive Centre run by Euro Divers, all for an additional cost.
- Gym and 1.5 km jogging track.
- COMO Shambala Spa offering treatments for an additional cost.
- Evening entertainment including outside screening of classic movies and camp fire tales.
Bars & Restaurants
- Kandooma Café: The main restaurant offering international and asian cuisine in a buffet style for breakfast and dinner.
- The Kitchen: Speciality restaurant offering Mediterranean-Thai cuisine with Indian Ocean views in the evening. Guests can choose a private table or to dine around one of the two main kitchen cooking stations.
- Poolside Café: Barbecued meats, fish, salads and pizzas from an a la carte menu open from lunch through to dinner.
- Villa Barbeques: Cook your own BBQ’s – everything supplied, just cook!
- Take-out and delivery: Orders of pizza and other delicious offerings can be boxed up for collection or delivered for an extra charge, 24 hours a day.
- The Deck: Its rooftop location and Moroccan feel makes this one of the coolest and stunning places in the Maldives to watch the sun set with a cocktail and tapas selection.
- Bokkuraa Coffee Club: Open all day, patrons can choose from an extensive coffee and tea selection accompanied by a delicious muffins or cake.
- Kandooma Lounge: Open all day but ideal for a pre or post dinner drink and checking emails on the internet mezzanine.
- Wine Room: 250 labels at take away prices or enjoy in a restaurant when paying a corkage fee.
For larger families, spacious double duplex units incorporate 2 en-suite bedrooms upstairs and a choice of air-conditioned and open-air sitting / dining room areas downstairs. As the island is a good size for exploring and includes fun touches such as swings and hammocks, this reasonably priced option is one to consider!
Looking after younger guests
- Toys are available in the Kids Club
- Children’s DVDs can be rented
- Cartoon channels are available on the in-room satellite TV
- Baby pool
- Shelving entrance to the pool for younger children
- Mini hammocks
- Fireside story evenings are a huge it (with grown-ups too)
- High Chairs available
- Bespoke meals can be prepared on request
- Children under 12yrs eat free at the hotel as long as they:
-Are accompanied by at least 1 adult who is registered as a hotel guest and must order at least one main course from the full priced menu
-Dine in the restaurant from the kids menu (one main course and one dessert per child)
-Eat at Kandooma Café, and are aware that it is not applicable to room or pool side service.
-Limited to 4 kids per dining family per meal or 2 kids per parent per meal.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Kandooma Kids Club: Open 09:00 – 17:30 for children age 4 – 12 years (younger children welcome with a babysitter than can be arranged for an additional charge). Activities include mini snorkelling, pool games, cooking lessons, sand castle competitions and marine biology lessons.
Babysitting: Available for a charge.
A total of 160 air-conditioned villas all come complete with Satellite television, optional outdoor shower (interior also available in case of tropical downpour!) alongside complimentary fresh ground coffee, loose leaf tea, drinking water and orange press.
Garden and Beach View Villas (48 square metres) are either garden or sea facing. Each is furnished with a king or twin beds and large picture windows open out on to a terrace with daybed and hammock. Sea front and Garden View Beach Houses (71 square metres) have bedrooms on the first floor whilst the living area is below on the ground floor, open-style design and laid out on a carpet of white sand.
Island and Sea View Overwater Villas (85 square metres) are accessed by a private boardwalk and feature sliding doors opening on to a private sundeck and water hammock whilst the bedroom also flows out to a large outdoor area which includes the bathtub.
- Up to 1 extra bed for a child and one cot can be placed in a Garden or Beach View Villa. The resort also has a pairs of interleading villas (one king / one twin).
- Spacious Sea View Family Beach Houses (142 square metres) are made up of 2 Garden or Sea View Beach Houses and feature 2 en-suite bedrooms (separated by an open lobby) upstairs and air-conditioned internal sitting room / dining room below as well as open air central area. These can sleep up to 6 people.
Rates from £69 per adult sharing, per night in a Garden Villa on a Bed & Breakfast Basis (valid 01/11/11 – 30/09/12).
Return speedboat transfers £130
- Rate for children 2-11yrs sharing from £8 per night including breakfast.
- A Summer All-inclusive package supplement is available for only £77 per adult per night, and £17 per child per night, under 12 years. This is payable ontop of the bed & breakfast rate. (Valid 01/05/12 – 30/09/12 for adults & 01/01/12 – 31/10/12 for children)
- Please see our Special Offers page or contact us for the latest offers.
Following the El Nino event of 1998 which increased sea temperatures and causing many reefs to die or bleach, Kandooma are working with Reefscapers to develop articifial reef areas using coral trays. Guests can also sponsor their own trays.