From the moment this delightful island comes in to view towards the end of your 40 minute sea-plane journey from Male, Kunuhura epitomises the true meaning of bare-foot luxury. This much-loved resort, sees guests regularly return to enjoy the soft white sands and intimate atmosphere.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Pool: Delightful pool area close to the beach and several restaurants with shelving entrance and channels with bridges to explore.
- Land sports: Two floodlit tennis courts, squash court, table tennis alongside games room including table football, darts and billiards.
- Snorkelling: Equipment can be rented at the Diving Centre or is provided free of charge if you join one of the snorkelling excursions organised by the hotel.
- Dolphin Water Sports Centre: A member of the internationally recognised Association of Windsurfing Schools in Germany offering the very best in qualified instructors and equipment. Whilst kayaks, canoes, padalos and windsurfers are available free of charge, additional activities including speedboat rentals, four-seater banana trips, water-skiing, fun tubes, kneeboards and catamarans are rented for a charge. The PADI 5 star Gold Palm dive centre offers newcomers a first-class introducing to diving or unique excursions for experienced divers.
- Spa: The Spa includes a complimentary steam room, sauna, cold pools and Jacuzzis whilst also offering a diverse range of treatments for a charge, within beautifully designed wooden interiors or the outside spa pavilion, with signature massages such as the Manawa and Maldivian Theyo Dhemun a ‘must try’
- Gym: Fully equipped fitness centre, aerobics studio and pilates and yoga sessions.
- Lava Lounge showing movies and major sports events.
Bars & Restaurants
- Thin Rah: The Resort’s main restaurant with inside and outdoor dining on the sand serving international buffets for breakfast and dinner including themed evenings complete with live cooking stations.
- The Olive Tree: Located by the pool and close to Thin Rah, the restaurant features a la carte Mediterranean dishes for lunch and dinner.
- Veli Café: Asian fusion cuisine and grilled specialities of fresh local seafood served on the tip of the island for lunch or dinner (children welcome at early evening sittings).
- Handhuvaru: Cool drinks, cocktails and light snacks served through the day by the poolside, flowing on to the beach in the late afternoon so you can sink into a cushion and watch the sun drop below the horizon.
- Moodhu Lounge: Set on stilts over the lagoon is an ideal spot for a drink whilst spotting tropical fish.
- Jehunuhura Island: Take a picnic to this luxury private island getaway, just minutes from Kanuhura or book it for a private dinner for two!
- Nashaa Club: An island nightclub at the far end of the island.
Families will enjoy the cosy and personal atmosphere of this tropical island. The wonderful beaches accessed directly from the thatched villas (1 additional bed can be placed or interleading Beach Villas booked) are a haven for children as well as hermit crabs! The enthusiastic staff in the children’s club run fun activities across the island.
Looking after younger guests
- Toys from the KClub
- Children’s swimming pool located within the KClub
- Selection of children’s DVDs available
- Children’s menu served on room service, in the restaurants and in the KClub.
- High chairs available alongside children’s cutlery.
- Bespoke meals available upon request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- KClub: Open from 9 am – 12pm, 2 pm – 5 pm and 7 pm – 10pm the KClub offers imaginative fun for children age 4 – 11 with organised games and videos but also venturing across the island when possible with hermit crabs, shells and an abundance of colourful fish on offer. Children under 4 are welcome with a babysitter or parent.
- Babysitting service by professionally trained nannies is also available on request for a fee.
100 air-conditioned thatched cottages feature a flat screen TV and DVD player, complimentary tea and coffee making and mini bar. Open-air bathrooms include a large sculpted bath and shower under the stars. All rooms with the exception of the Beach Villas also have iPod connection (iPods to enjoy during your stay are also available free of charge).
68 Beach Villas (62 square metres) open on to a shaded deck leading to a private beachfront area with sun loungers (partially shielded from adjacent rooms by vegetation). The 5 Beach Villa Duplexes (132 square metres) comprise of 2 interconnecting, adjacent Beach Villas, 1 bedroom with king-size bed and another with twin whilst the 2 Grand Beach Villas (188 square metres) have the same bedroom types but also benefit from whirlpool baths and a living room with dining table, kitchenette and private veranda.
18 Water Villas (125 square metres) are located over the water with large deck space and steps leading down to the lagoon. They also boast a surround sound system and iPod connection. 2 Grand Water Villas (135 square metres) also feature a separate living room.
- Cots of various sizes available.
- Up to 1 child under the age of 12 can share a Beach Villa in a day bed or a cot.
- Up to 4 adults and 1 child age 0 – 11 or 2 adults and 3 children age 0 – 11 can share a Beach Villa Duplex.
- Up to 4 adults and 2 children age 0 – 11 or 2 adults and 4 children age 0 – 11 can share a Grand Beach Villa.
- Up to 2 adults and 1 child age 6 – 11 years can share a Water Villa. 3 adults can also share a Grand Water Villa.
Rates from £192 per adult sharing in a Beach Villa including breakfast (valid 01/05/11 – 31/07/12).
- Children age 0 – 5 years share free only paying local bed tax of approx £6 per night.
- Children age 6 – 11 years pay £99 when sharing with their parents.
- Pay 6/10 and Stay 7/12 nights (Valid 08/01/12 – 01/04/12, 16/04/12 – 30/04/12 and 01/10/12 – 18/12/12
- Pay 5/10 and Stay 7/14 (Valid 01/05/12 – 30/09/12)
- Honeymooners benefit from a 25% – 50% discount throughout 2012 (depending on the season). During low season a further 50% discount is offered off the Seaplane transfers.
- Children benefit from Seaplane discounts during low season (01/05/12 – 31/10/12)
The hotel reserves the right to withdraw specials at any time