Lux* Le Morne
This charming, recently refurbished hotel in the South West, sheltered by the striking Morne Brabant, offers a true Mauritian oasis. The resort stretches along a shelving beach, with all rooms facing the Ocean and many only a few steps from the crystal clear waters.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- 3 Swimming Pools with interesting touches including internal palm trees for shade nestle well in the gardens, close to the beach. One includes a graded entrance ideal for young children whilst another features a swim up bar and lap stretch.
- Spa: The Spa includes a hot tub, hammam and sauna as well as an infinity hydrotherapy pool. A large choice of treatments including traditional Indian and Thai massages as well as Ayurvedic are available for a charge.
- Landbased sports: Well equipped Gym, beach colley, aquagym, stretching classes, table tennis, bocci balls and floodlit tennis courts. For a charge guests can also hire bicycles, electronic games and use the pool table.
- Watersports: Windsurfing, pedalos, kayaks, sailing dinghies, snorkelling, glass-bottom boat trips and water skiing are available with speedboat rides and PADI scuba diving for a charge.
Bars & Restaurants
- The Kitchen: Offering international cuisine, a la carte and themed evenings for breakfast and dinner in the central part of the hotel with views to the beach and Ocean.
- Nipa: Showcasing fine Thai cuisine in the evening, again with Ocean Views.
- The Beach: Meditteranean cuisine is served in a delightful atmosphere, right on the beach, for lunch or dinner.
- The Bar: Offering Mauritian food and snacks on the deck for lunch, delicious teas in the afternoon and cocktails throughout the day and evening.
- Ilot & Oasis: The two pool bars offer refreshing drinks throughout the day and sandwiches by the pool and on the beach for those not wishing to stray far for lunch.
- Cafe LUX* Enjoy supreme coffee’s with their very own delight Island Blend of certified green organic beans!
For those families seeking a true, tropical beach resort, Lux* Le Morne offers a wonderful solution, with easy access from rooms across grassy lawns to the soft sand and gentle sea. With all facilities within easy walking distance (rather than a buggy ride or hike!) the hotel is an especially good choice for parents with younger children.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s DVDs and family board games are available
- Satellite TV with cartoon channel as well as the toys and games available at the Kids Club.
- Children’s menu available through in-villa dining and in the restaurants / Kids Club.
- Bespoke meals prepared on request.
- High-chairs provided.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting can be arranged for a charge in advance.
- Organised In-House Activities:
- The ‘PLAY’ programme, offering supervised activity programmes for guests aged 3 – 11 years. Children under the age of 3 can also join in the activities but must be supervised by a parent or babysitter.
Children are exposed to high-energy sports and outdoor activities!
- Studio 17 offers teens between 12-17 years time to get together, explore the Island or just hang out! The well supervised programme is filled activities like local dance lessons, language classes, and Island trips!
Both programmes run from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
A variety of 149 air-conditioned room types also with ceiling fan are located in Pavillions nestled within the gardens. All benefit from satellite LCD TV and DVD player, complimentary tea and coffee facilities, as well as paid-for mini-bar and have a sea facing balcony or terrace.
64 Superior Rooms (45 square metres) on ground or first floor level are located in Pavillions with 8 rooms in total, with views over the swimming pools and gardens towards the sea.
10 Junior Suites (52 square metres) are on the ground or first floor level in their own building, offering slightly larger space than the above options and offer direct ocean views.
15 Honeymoon Junior Suites (46 square metres) are all located in Pavillions with 1 Ocean Junior / 3 Prestige Junior Suites below, but are the sole room on the top level, offering delightful views to the beach from the balcony and benefit from a whirl pool bath. 15 Ocean Junior Suites (57 square metres) offer the shortest walk to the soft sand of the beach from a wide, private terrace. Folding shutters enable guests to enjoy this view from the bath too! The 45 Prestige Junior Suites (63 square metres) also showcase an outside shower with views of Morne Brabant. For those travelling as a couple, we recommend the non-interconnecting type of this Suite as they have a stunning double aspect views of the Morne Brabant and the Ocean.
- Up to 1 child under 12 can share a Superior Room or Junior Suite in an additional cot or bed.
- Inter-connecting Junior Suites as well as Ocean Junior interleading with Prestige Junior via a small central lobby area offer ideal accommodation options for larger families.
Rates from £105 per adult per night, inclusive of Half-Board in a Superior Room (Valid 01/05/12 – 30/09/12).
- Child aged 0 – 5 years free of charge (cot available for 0-2yrs)
- Children age 6 – 17 years sharing from £69 per night.
- Children in their own room receive a discount on The adult rate subject to various conditions.
- Free nights: Stay for 4 nights for the price of 3! You will also receive a minimum of 25% discount with no book by date
- Honeymoon offer: 70% off for the bride (this isn’t combinable with the free night)
- LUX* Combo – You will receive 35% discount for combined stays in 2 LUX* Island resorts across all Lux* destinations
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Lux* Le Morne has a Corporate Social Responsibility policy which supports the less privileged sections of society with long-running community programmes aimed at promoting strong, safe and healthy communities by investing resources and time in focused projects directly relevant to local needs.
Recent projects include:
- Financing towards 4 psychologists currently working for the Adolescent Non Formal Education Network (ANFEN) devoted to the development of children and adolescents living in difficult areas with psychologists carrying out group therapy and providing support to coordinators and parents.
- In the south-western region of Mauritius, Les Pavillons School of Music, fully financed by the CSR budget enables 35 youngsters from the neighbouring villages of La Gaulette, Le Morne, Case Noyale and Coteau Raffin to enjoy tuition in various instruments (guitar, pop drum, recorder, keyboard and flute), coupled with lessons in music theory dispensed by 4 teachers from Arpège, École de Musique.
- Supporting schools run by benevolent members to help school drop-outs in the less privileged regions. These vulnerable children and adolescents are taken in charge by the schools with the aim to prevent them sinking into drugs, alcohol and violence.
- Étoile de Mer at Roches Noires, the Centre d’Apprentissage Paille en Queue and the Jean Éon RCA School at Grand Gaube, École de la Vie at Baie du Tombeau, École Notre Dame de Fatima at Mahébourg and the Eastern Welfare Association for the Disabled at Bel Air Rivière Sèche are the main beneficiaries of this concerted action of Naïade Resorts Ltd. The Group’s financial support ranges from contributions to the institutions’ current budget to the renovation and upkeep of their various buildings.